Amlodipine Besylate 5mg
Capsules for Oral Use
Product leaflet summary
- Essential hypertension
- Chronic stable and vasospastic angina
Dosage and Administration:
For the treatment of both hypertension and angina pectoris the usual initial dose is 5 mg once daily. Dosage can be modified according to the diagnosis.
AMOPRESS is contra-indicated in patients with:
- Hypersensitivity to Dihydropyridine derivatives, amlodipine or any of the excipients
- Severe hypotension
- Shock (including cardiogenic shock)
- Hemodynamically unstable heart failure after acute myocardial infarction
- Obstruction of the outflow tract of the left ventricle (e.g. high grade aortic stenosis)
Pregnancy and Lactation:
The safety of Amlodipine in human pregnancy has not been established.
Reproductive studies in rats have shown no toxicity except for delayed date of delivery and prolonged duration of labor at dosages 50 times greater than the maximum recommended dosage for humans. Use in pregnancy is only recommended when there is no safer alternative and when the disease itself carries greater risk for the mother and fetus.
It is not known whether amlodipine is excreted in breast milk. A decision on whether to continue/discontinue breastfeeding or to continue/discontinue therapy with Amlodipine should be made taking into account the benefit of breast-feeding to the child and the benefit of Amlodipine therapy to the mother.
Ability to drive and use machinery:
AMOPRESS can have minor or moderate influence on the ability to drive and use machines. If patients taking Amlodipine suffer from dizziness, headache, fatigue or nausea the ability to react may be impaired.
– A box of 28 tablets each contains 5mg Amlodipine Besylate 5mg