Cholecalciferol 25,000 IU
Ampoules for oral use
Product leaflet summary
D-CURA is a vitamin product containing cholecalciferol (equivalent to vitamin D3). Vitamin D can be found in some foods and also produced by the body when skin is exposed to sunlight.
Vitamin D helps the kidneys and intestine absorb calcium and it helps build bones.
D-CURA 25,000 IU is used:
For the prevention of vitamin D deficiency when there is a significant risk of deficiency or an increased demand for vitamin D.
With other medicines to treat certain bone conditions, such as thinning of the bone (osteoporosis).
To treat vitamin D deficiency that has been confirmed by laboratory tests.
Dosage And Administration:
Treatment of vitamin D deficiency:
2 ampoules of D-CURA 25,000 IU once weekly for 6-8 weeks, followed by maintenance therapy (1400-2000 IU once daily may be required), based on the advice of your doctor.
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to cholecalciferol or any of the other ingredients of D-CURA.
- if you have hypercalcaemia (increased blood calcium concentration) and/or
- if you have hypercalciuria (increased urinary calcium concentration).
- if you have pseudohypoparathyroidism (disturbed parathyroid hormone metabolism), as the vitamin D requirement may be reduced due to phases of normal vitamin D sensitivity. In this case there is a risk of prolonged overdose. Better-regulatable active substances with vitamin D activity are available for this.
- if you have a predisposition to calcium-containing kidney stones.
- If you have hypervitaminosis D.
Pregnancy and Lactation
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
Treatment of vitamin D deficiency in 0-18 years:
1 ampoule of D-CURA 25,000 IU once every 2 weeks for 6 weeks (followed by maintenance therapy of 400-1000 IU/day).
Ability to Drive and Use Machinery
D-CURA is available in packs of 4 oral ampoules.