Finasid® 5 mg
Finasteride 5 mg
Tablets for oral use
Product leaflet summary
FINASID is used in the treatment and control of (i.e. , non cancerous) enlargment of the prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia – BPH).
Dosage and Administration
FINASID is prescribed once daily with or without food.
- Hypersensitivity to Finasteride or to any of the excipients.
- Contraindicated in women and children.
- Pregnancy – Use in women when they are or may potentially be pregnant.
- Pregnancy and lactation, Exposure to Finasteride – risk to male fetus.
Pregnancy and Lactation
- FINASID is contraindicated in women when they are or may potentially be pregnant.
- Women who are pregnant or may become pregnant should not handle FINASID tablets, especially if crushed or broken because of the possibility of absorption of FINASID and the subsequent potential risk to a male fetus.
- Small amounts of FINASID have been recovered from the semen in subjects receiving FINASID 5 mg/day.
FINASID is not indicated for use in women. It is not known whether FINASID is excreted in breast milk.
Ability to drive and use machinery
There is no available information indicating that FINASID would have an influence on the ability to drive or use machines.
A box of 30 tablets each contains 5mg Finastride