Pantoprazole 20mg, 40mg
Tablets for oral use
Product leaflet summary
- Treatment of duodenal ulcers
- Prevention of relapse of duodenal ulcers
- Treatment of gastric ulcers
- Prevention of relapse of gastric ulcers
- In combination with appropriate antibiotics, Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) eradication of peptic ulcer disease
- Treatment of NSAID-associated gastric and duodenal ulcers
- Prevention of NSAID-associated gastric and duodenal ulcers in patients at risk
- Treatment of reflux esophagitis
- Long-term management of patients with healed reflux esophagitis
- Treatment of symptomatic gastro-esophageal reflux disease
- Treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
Dosage and Administration
PANTOMAX is to be taken 1 hour before a meal with some water. One tablet of PANTOMAX per day. In individual cases the dose may be doubled (increase to 2 tablets PANTOMAX daily) especially when there has been no response to other treatment. A 4-week period is usually required for the treatment of reflux esophagitis. If this is not sufficient, healing will usually be achieved within a further 4 weeks.
Hypersensitivity to the active substance, substituted benzimidazoles or to any of the excipients.
Pregnancy and Lactations
Pantoprazole has been assigned to pregnancy category B by the FDA. Animal data have failed to reveal evidence of fetal harm after rats or rabbits were given doses 88 and 40 times the recommended human dose (based on body surface area), respectively. There are no data from controlled human studies. Pantoprazole should only be used during pregnancy when need has been clearly established.
Excretion into human milk has been reported. Therefore, a decision on whether to continue/discontinue breastfeeding or to continue/discontinue therapy with PANTOMAX should be made taking into account the benefit of breastfeeding to the child, and the benefit of PANTOMAX therapy to the mother.
Ability to drive and use machinery
Adverse drug reactions, such as dizziness and visual disturbances may occur. If affected, patients should not drive or operate machines.
A box of 15 tablets each contains 20 mg Pantoprazole.
A box of 30 tablets each contains 20 mg Pantoprazole.
A box of 15 tablets each contains 40 mg Pantoprazole.
A box of 30 tablets each contains 40 mg Pantoprazole.