Clopidogrel 75 mg
Film coated tablets for oral use
Product leaflet summary
Prevention of atherothrombotic events in:
- Patients suffering from myocardial infarction (from a few days to less than 35
days), ischaemic stroke (from 7 days to less than 6 months) or established
peripheral arterial disease.
- Patients suffering from non-ST segment elevation acute coronary syndrome
(unstable angina or non Q-wave myocardial infarction) in combination ASA.
Dosage and Administration
Clopidogrel is prescribed once daily.
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.
- Severe hepatic impairment.
- Active pathological bleeding such as peptic ulcer or intracranial hemorrhage
Pregnancy and Lactation
As no clinical data on exposure to Clopidogrel during pregnancy are available, it is preferable not to use Clopidogrel during pregnancy as a precautionary measure.
It is unknown whether Clopidogrel is excreted in human breast milk. Animal studies have shown excretion of Clopidogrel in breast milk. As a precautionary measure, breastfeeding should not be continued during treatment with CLOPEX.
Clopidogrel was not shown to alter fertility in animal studies.
Ability to drive and use machinery
Clopidogrel has no or negligible influence on the ability to drive and use machines.
– A box of 28 tablets each contains 75 mg Clopidogrel