Levocetirizine dihydrochloride 5 mg
Product leaflet summary
- Levozin is an anti-allergic medication.
- For the treatment of signs of illness (symptoms) associated with:
- Allergic rhinitis (including persistent allergic rhinitis);
- Nettle rash (urticaria).
Dosage And Administration
- The usual dose for adults and children aged 6 years and over is one tablet daily.
Do not take Levozin
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to levocetirizine dihydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of Levozin.
- If you have a severe impairment of kidney function (severe renal failure with creatinine clearance below 10 ml/min) take special care with Levozin.
- The use of Levozin is not recommended in children less than 6 years since the film-coated tablets do not allow for dose adaptation.
- If you are likely to be unable to empty your bladder (with conditions such as spinal cord injury or enlarged prostate), please ask your doctor for advice.
Pregnancy And Lactation
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or breast-feeding.
Ability To Drive And Use Machinery
- Some patients being treated with Levozin may experience somnolence/drowsiness, tiredness, and exhaustion.
- Use caution when driving or operating machinery until you know how this medicine affects you. However, special tests have revealed no impairment of mental alertness, the ability to react or the ability to drive in healthy test persons after taking levocetirizine in the recommended dosage.
Levozin 5 mg is provided in a pack size of 20 film-coated tablets.